Monday, March 5, 2012

More than you ever wanted to know about Dora the Explorer: Journey to the Purple Planet

"I want to watch Dora," Chloë decided Saturday morning after breakfast. I asked which one, and she said, "Purple Planet!" So I put it on and went to the kitchen to clean up after breakfast. I got the bowls and things into the kitchen and was rinsing when I heard Chloë come running toward me.

"The space creatures' rocketship is broken!" she reported.

"Luckily, Isa has one," I responded. Satisfied, she ran back.

I put a couple of bowls into the dishwasher. Chloë came running back. "They see constellations!"

"Very cool," I said. She ran back to the living room.

I started washing the dishes in the sink. Chloë came running. "They have to connect the dots!"

"I'm sure they will," I said. She ran back.

I washed a pot. She came back. "The constellation is a teddy bear!"

"Do you like teddy bears?" I asked, for something to say.

"Yes!" She ran back. I put the pot in the rack and listened to the running feet. "Now there are space rocks!" I said something nondescript and listened to her run to the living room and then, without pause, come back to me. "They made it through the space rocks!"

"I'm going to finish cleaning this bowl, and then I'll come join you in the living room," I said.

"Okay," she said and went back to the living room, where I heard her sit on her chair. I washed the bowl, picked up Maia, and joined her. I suppose she was getting plenty of exercise, but it seemed a pity for her to miss half the show to report the other half to me.

No comments: