Wednesday, April 17, 2013

She already knows

The girls and I trooped into my bedroom to wake Eric up this morning. Maia, being naked, climbed right in to cuddle with him, while Chloë and I made faces at each other. Then I discovered Maia's Little People farmer in the window and she clambered down to play with it. I said, "Now it's my turn to cuddle with Daddy," and dived into the bed.

"No, mine!" Chloë declared, and rolled onto me and dug her elbow into my ribs (accidentally).

"Okay, you win," I gasped, and rolled over.

"Why do I win?" she asked, scooting into my spot.

"Because you hurt me. Come to think of it, that's not a good lesson, is it?" I added to myself.

"What's a lesson?"

"It's something you learn."

"Oh, I already know that."

"What, how to hurt me?"

"Yes."

No comments: