Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Food fight

Chloƫ is working hard on her third and fourth teeth. She's more irritable than usual, waking up at night (though that may be partly separation anxiety and partly that between her recent cold and her recent visit from her grandma she's now accustomed to being attended to when she wakes up in the night), and gnawing on everything. Including me. "No!" surprises her but hasn't persuaded her yet. We'll see if the immediate shutdown of the R.I.N.D.S. upon receipt of bite does. It's mostly at the end of nursing, when she seems done but I offer just to make sure, so I'm not doing that anymore.

She's rejected baby food at dinner the past couple of days, but accepted lasagna and strawberries and Cheerios and bread. We're not sure if this is the food that makes her happy or the food that makes her gums feel better. Either way, we're not going to keep a big stock of baby food on hand. Last night we tried baby food again, and she didn't like it until I offered some on my finger. Then she was determined to get her own fingers into her food, so we decided to let her. We're not sure how much food she took in, but she had a good time.

No comments: