Thursday, February 17, 2011

In

Chloƫ didn't want to try the potty this morning, but she came in with me while I brushed my teeth. She went to her basket of bath toys, extracted her favorite blue cup, and said, "In." She's been saying "cup" for a long time now so I waited to see what she was talking about. She put it carefully on the floor, pulled out her favorite duck (her first one, with the blue bow), and placed it in the cup. "In," I agreed.

She was dissatisfied with the tight fit of the duck, and kept saying "Hep," so I suggested a smaller duck and pulled out Mad Professor Duck. She took it and placed it in the cup, where it fit perfectly. Then she removed it and put her sippy of juice in instead. "In?" she said, looking up at me.

"Yes, the juice...cup...your sippy...is in the cup," I said. I was relieved when she took the sippy out and put her toes in instead.

No comments: