Saturday, May 12, 2012

Conversations with Chloë

Chloë (awakening at 2 AM): Mama! Mama!
Jenny (hurrying to her door): Yes?
Chloë: I want to wear my green shorts in the morning.
Jenny: ...Okay. Go back to sleep.

Chloë: Mama, it's raining! Are you going to get wet?
Jenny (carrying three bags and a plate of conciliatory baked goods): Yes.
Chloë: Okay.

Jenny: You have a lot of nice Dora underwear. And pink, and white, and with polkadots.
Chloë: I like my polka dot underwear. You should get polka dot underwear too, Mama.
Jenny: Maybe I will.
Chloë: It would be biiiiiig.
Jenny: ...
Chloë: The polka dots would be small.

Chloë (awakening at 3 AM): Mama! Mama!
Jenny (hurrying to her door): Yes?
Chloë: I want you to tuck me back in.
Jenny: Go back to sleep.

Eric (as Maia is throwing food onto the floor for the third time): Maia Verity!
Chloë: Maia Verity. Maia Verity. Verity?
Jenny: Verity is Maia's middle name. Like your middle name is Leeja.
Chloë: What is your middle name?
Jenny: Actually, it's the same as yours. Leeja.
Chloë: Mommy Leeja.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Teach her to video chat :)